- Order before 13:00, we'll ship today!
- FREE delivery from € 59,95 (BeNeLux, D), € 150 (UK)
- FREE return
- Trustpilot customer rating: 9,3!
Gunpowder Green is organic green tea, steamed and hand rolled into gunpowder green
Numi Gunpowder Green is lightly fermented organic green tea. Within hours of being plucked, the tealeaves are lightly steamed to prevent oxidation of the important nutrients found within these leaves. After the tealeaves have been lightly steamed, they are rolled up into small balls or ‘bullets’. Hence the name ‘Gunpowder Green’ was created.
Green tea is rich in catechins, such as EGCG, which is an important antioxidant. For this reason, Numi’s Green Tea has many health benefits and would serve you well as a regular part of your day.
As soon as the small green tea balls come into contact with warm water, the tealeaves will unfurl and unfold, releasing their taste and the catechins.
5 Health Benefits of Green Tea
- Green tea is rich in polyphenols which stimulate your metabolism.
- Green tea stablizies your blood sugar level when consumed after a meal.
- According to scientific research, green tea has a positive influence on the flexibility of the cell walls of your artieries, which makes them more resistant to high blood pressure and heart disease.
- As mentioned above, Green tea is rich in EGCG, an important anti-oxidant. EGCG fights gainst free radicals by attacking them. Thus, it can be said that green tea has a positive influence on the immune system and your general health.
- Green tea is antiviral and antibacterial.
What Makes Green Tea Different?
Gunpowder Green tea, just like all other teas, comes from the Camellia Sinensis tea plant. The difference between white tea, green tea, black tea, oolong tea and pu-erh tea is the preparation process of the picked tealeaves. In order to obtain a green tea, like Numi’s Gunpowder Green, the tealeaves are steamed and the natural fermentation process, which starts after the harvest, has to be kept to a minimum. This production process guarantees the preservation of catechins, which contribute to the tea’s typical colour and flavour. In most other teas the tealeaves are fermented. The duration of the fermentation process will ultimately determine the type of tea and flavour that is created.
18 x 2g
100% Fairtrade organic green tea
Bring water to a boil. Let the water cool down for a few minutes, after it has reached its boiling point.
Pour the hot water over the teabag and let it soak for 2 to 3 minutes.
Cold – Ice tea
For 500ml – Soak 2 teabags in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes, let the tea cool off and then pour the tea over some ice cubes.